Friday, November 5, 2010

Dreams & SpaghettiOs (or Ramen)

The song, “This One’s For The Girls” by Martina McBride, was on the radio yesterday. It’s about women of various ages dealing with the struggles of different phases of life, telling them "You're beautiful the way you are” (according to Wikipedia). The song came out in 2003, when I was 15, & I remember wondering if I my life would one day be like the 25 year-olds described in the song:

This is for all you girls about 25
In little apartments, just tryin' to get by
Livin' on, on dreams and SpaghettiOs
Wonderin' where your life is gonna go

While I was listening to the song yesterday, I realized that I'm that girl now. I’m about 25, I have an apartment, I’m living on Ramen (I like it better than SpaghettiOs) & I’m always wondering where my life is gonna go.

It’s strange to think that my 15 year-old self had no idea what I would be doing at 22. I hoped I would have my own place (check), have a cool job (working on it) & a wonderful boyfriend (check!) like the characters on the tv shows I watched, like Friends & Gilmore Girls.

Although my life doesn’t feel complete yet because I don’t have the amazing job where I make enough money to support myself AND to go on shopping sprees all the time ;), I have everything else I dreamed of, which is pretty great.

Ps. Speaking of Ramen, I learned how to make packaged Ramen in the microwave the other day! It tastes so much better than Cup O' Noodles and it's cheaper! I think I'll buy a bunch of it for lunch at work. Also, I'm still thinking of a new name for my blog. I have a few ideas but nothing sounds completely right. So, hopefully it'll come to me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment